By Jordan Hudgens
- Provides the middle talents required to develop into a Ruby programmer
- Covers the right way to use the most well-liked Ruby Gem libraries
- Includes info on commonplace expressions
Ruby is a strong, general-purpose programming language that may be utilized to any activity. even if you're an skilled developer who desires to examine a brand new language otherwise you are new to programming, this ebook is your accomplished Ruby coding consultant. beginning with the foundational rules, similar to syntax, and scaling as much as complex subject matters similar to sizeable facts research, this e-book provides you with all the instruments you should be a certified Ruby developer. some of the key issues are: object-oriented programming, integrated Ruby tools, middle programming talents, and an creation to the Ruby on Rails and Sinatra internet frameworks. additionally, you will construct 10 useful Ruby programs.
Created by way of an skilled Ruby developer, this publication has been written to make sure it makes a speciality of the abilities it is very important be a qualified Ruby developer. upon getting learn this publication, you can be able to commence construction real-world Ruby projects.
What you are going to learn
- Learn the way to use Ruby code successfully, choosing the right instrument for the task and never duplicating integrated functionality
- Gain top software program improvement practices, and the way to spot and fasten universal errors
- Absorb middle programming abilities, similar to variables, strings, loops, conditionals, and masses more
- Explore object-oriented programming and learn how to create modular, reusable code for you to use throughout projects
- Build 10 sensible Ruby courses as you're employed during the ebook on issues corresponding to substantial info research and fixing Euler equations
About the Author
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and founding father of DevCamp, the place he leads guideline and curriculum improvement for all of the DevCamp and Bottega code colleges round the US.
As a developer during the last decade, Jordan has traveled the realm development purposes and coaching participants on a wide selection of issues, together with Ruby improvement, enormous facts research, and software program engineering.
Jordan specializes in project-driven schooling in place of theory-based improvement. This form of instructing is conducive to studying easy methods to construct real-world items that adhere to top practices.
Additionally, Jordan has released a number of books on programming and laptop technological know-how in addition to constructing education curriculum for Learn.co, DevCamp, and AppDev at the issues, particularly Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API improvement, and algorithms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Ruby Programming Language
- Ruby variables
- Ruby Strings
- Working with Numbers in Ruby
- Ruby Methods
- Ruby Iterators and Loops
- Ruby Collections
- Ruby Conditionals
- Object-oriented Programming in Ruby
- Working with the dossier method in Ruby
- Error dealing with in Ruby
- Regular Expressions in Ruby
- Searching with grep in Ruby
- Ruby Gems
- Ruby Metaprogramming
- Ruby internet Frameworks
- Working with APIs in Ruby
- Ruby Algorithms
- Machine Learning